Earlier today BCMMA promoter Jack Mason revealed exclusively to The Sprawl that their would by a flyweight tournament at BCMMA on April 7.
It will be a one day tournament, with the top amateur flyweight in the country taking part. The names that will compete in the tournament are as follows:
- Jack Eglin (4-2) is regarded as one of the top flyweight in the country and has championship experience already. He is coming off a recent TKO loss to Muhammad Mokaev at UKFC 5.
- Leigh Mitchell (6-2) has won his last four bouts, and even has a victory over Jack Eglin. He made his amateur debut in 2014.
- Warren Mason (8-10) is better than his record gives him credit for. He has fought some of the best 125lb fighters at amateur, including Jake Hadley and John James Young.
- Muhammad Mokaev (7-0) is the name you were waiting for. The hot topic in UK MMA right now, Mokaev has amassed seven wins thus far, and has looked phenomenal doing so. He stopped Jack Eglin last time out.
- Jake Hadley (7-2) announced his move to professional not so long ago, but after two pull outs on fight day, he is back at amateur, and is one of the most dangerous fighters in this tournament.
- Owen Postins-Gower (3-0) is a name few will have heard of, but with three wins in three fights, the other competitors will have to look out for him. He has competed at BCMMA once before.
- Ciaran Mulholland (4-3) is also better than his record gives him credit for. His losses have all came to top fighters in John Hughes, Liam Gittins and Matiss Zaharovs.
- John James Young (7-1) there’s no way we could have this tournament without John James Young. He is one of the most outspoken character at amateur, and has defeated the likes of Abdul Choudbury and Jordan Baxter.
The show will take place on April 7, 2017. This article will be updated with more details as we find them out.